Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buyers guide / common faults?

Quote Originally Posted by grzes61 View Post
    HI everyone. I'm a brand new owner of DN-01 and also (unfortunately) the owner of new PROBLEM. From time to time I can't start the engine - Key turned on. Ignition registering that bike was in gear, or at least not in neutral, the "-" flashes to indicate a failure (4 slow, 5 faster).
    I was lucky finding this forum which gave me some idea where is the problem.
    I've found also some helpful info on this website:
    http://www.fireblades.org/forums/gen...trouble-2.html
    Please see the last message.
    I have a few questions and I will be grateful if you can help me:
    * is there any chance to get Service Manual in pdf as I presume it should contain fault codes so I could read what flashing icon "-" says
    * does anyone know what the swash plate angle sensor is responsible for?
    * during my travel from UK to Ireland (500 km) I've experienced also a few yanks when reducing speed (55-50 miles/h), this could be from HFT when shifting down, does anyone know what it can be?
    Looking forward for any answers and suggestions. Thanks in advance! /Greg

* during my travel from UK to Ireland (500 km) I've experienced also a few yanks when reducing speed (55-50 miles/h), this could be from HFT when shifting down, does anyone know what it can be?

Quite NORMAL when the HFT downshift @ about 50 mph ... one of the quirks of owning a DN-01. They all do it when riding in full auto mode.
    2009 Honda DN-01
    2015 Yamaha R3

HI everyone. I'm a brand new owner of DN-01 and also (unfortunately) the owner of new PROBLEM. From time to time I can't start the engine - Key turned on. Ignition registering that bike was in gear, or at least not in neutral, the "-" flashes to indicate a failure (4 slow, 5 faster).
    I was lucky finding this forum which gave me some idea where is the problem.
    I've found also some helpful info on this website:
    http://www.fireblades.org/forums/gen...trouble-2.html
    Please see the last message.
    I have a few questions and I will be grateful if you can help me:
    * is there any chance to get Service Manual in pdf as I presume it should contain fault codes so I could read what flashing icon "-" says
    * does anyone know what the swash plate angle sensor is responsible for?
    Looking forward for any answers and suggestions. Thanks in advance! /Greg
    Code 45 is neutral oil pressure switch problem. Please refer to section 11 of service manual. I've had the same problem with my bike, I've changed the switch but because currently I have some hardcore sex with my bike, I could not test it still to check if problem still exist. Anyway, this problem sympthoms are:
    1) when you turn the key on, there is "-" already blinking with code 45. Long blink = 10, and short = 1. It most often appears when the bike is cold after staying at garage.
    2) when you've stopped and trying to switch from "D" to "N".
    You can use your ignition switch, turn it off/on until the blinking disappear. It's faster than turn the key on and off.
    If it won't disappear, you can turn your key off then hold the starter button and turn the key on. Your bike will start faster than blinking appear and you're free to ride.
    But I still can not confirm that after oil pressure switch replacement the problem will disappear, I mentioned above why. Anyway, the original Denso switch part number is 37240-P13-013 it cost about $25 and you can found it on the right crankcase cover. Under the same cover as oil dipstick. And there is tons of cheaper aftermarket analogs in car parts shop.

You can get the service manual here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...TBXSS14TUd0bFE

The swash plate angle sensor is responsible for checking angle of the motor swash plate. Sincerely yours, Captain Obvious. Please look at the picture.

There is the swash plate control motor (the pictures of the faulty one you can find above). It can rotate clockwise and counter and it is the main mechanism of "gear shift" on the DN-01. It rotates the shaft which is tilting the swash plate and the more it tilted, the highest "gear" you're currently running. So to detect the current "gear" you need the angle sensor.

About "bumps" at certain speed - there is known about 85-86 km/h bump at D mode and 115km/h at S mode. It only appears when you're cruising around this speed. If you accelerate or decelerate quicker it will not appear. All DN-01 seems to have this, so this is not a problem seems.
    Last edited by spamer80; 08-24-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Default 'bump'

About "bumps" at certain speed - there is known about 85-86 km/h bump at D mode and 115km/h at S mode. It only appears when you're cruising around this speed. If you accelerate or decelerate quicker it will not appear. All DN-01 seems to have this, so this is not a problem seems.
    It was determined from earlier posts (around 2010) that the bump is the gear slector/ing going from constantly variable to being locked in at the highest (6th gear) setting/ratio, while in automatic mode. In D - it is always about 85km/h and you only feel it if cruising in and around this speed.

Default THANKS!!!

Thanks to ALL of you for your great support. It is super to have you I've already ordered the angle sensor and hope it will solve the problem... If so - I will post that. If no - will search for help again.

Thanks to ALL of you for your great support. It is super to have you I've already ordered the angle sensor and hope it will solve the problem... If so - I will post that. If no - will search for help again.
    Please let us know.

Thread Information