Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unknown undescribed problem

Unfortunately I don't speak Japanese

New TCM. Still no changes. The problem remains Fuck all the sensors.

Last edited by spamer80; 07-18-2017 at 07:43 AM.

I`m going to buy the US version ECM (ECU/PGM-Fi) because it`s much cheaper than EU version.
    Can anyone with US (AU) version of the bike (2 headlights) tell me, does there is H.I.S.S. present on their bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by spamer80 View Post
    I`m going to buy the US version ECM (ECU/PGM-Fi) because it`s much cheaper than EU version.
    Can anyone with US (AU) version of the bike (2 headlights) tell me, does there is H.I.S.S. present on their bikes?

NO H.I.S.S. on my bike (2009 US Version) We hardly EVER get any of the GOOD stuff!
    2009 Honda DN-01
    2015 Yamaha R3

Thanks! So, I should buy the EU verion of ECM probably. I think it will be pain in the ass to bypass HISS, CARB and PAIR systems at the same time
    But $200 for US vs $500 for EU ECM makes me cry.

Called EU honda today. They said that it could be the mechanical malfunction too. They can`t diagnose "by photo". So I plan to check the clutch, clutch relay, the swash plate motor, angle sensor and the HFT free turn too. Just to be sure.

But I still don`t understand how it`s possible could be related.
    Step-by-step:
    Bike stopped on highway. Spark plug melted, rear injector dirty (error code checked). Does not hold idle. NO SIGN OF BLINKING "-".
    In garage (disassembly): Still NO SIGN OF BLINKING "-". removed gas tank, removed ECM, removed air filter housing, removed injector, cleaned injector. Cleaned IACV.
    In garage (assembly): Installed injector, air filter housing, ECM, gas tank. And now "-" blinking.

The only possible reasons I can see: before disconnecting ECM, I surely switched off ignition, but did not diconnect the battery. It SOMEHOW caused some short circuit or so, and SOME electric (or electro-mechanic) part died.

TCM replaced, so it`s not it.

Reasons for ECM: 1) it was disturbed while injector cleaning. 2) The third party motorcycle diagnostic tool could not connect to ECM with first try. Sometimes it needed about 50 tries to connect. And it could not read the DN-specific sensors information.
    Reasons against ECM: 1) Engine is working perfectly. All lights (N, oil, ABS etc) come on and off when it needed to. And ECM can detect errors if I try to disconnect ome sensor 2) The blinking "-" is related to HFT (TCM) but not to ECM. To ECM related "check engine" MIL blinking.
    Reasons for n/d clutch (or it`s relay or swash plate control motor/sensor etc): 1) Can`t shift N/D 2) It is mechanical, so may be no error code.
    [B]Reasons against n/d clutch (or it`s relay or swash plate control motor/sensor etc): 1) It was not disturbed. 2) For some problems there is error code exists.
    Last edited by spamer80; 07-25-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Checked today. This is not relay, not swash plate motor and not angle sensor.

Not sounding good !!
    Have you checked the drive/neutral handlebar switch for correct action, voltage etc and the wiring from the switch to .....wherever it goes
    Could be something simple like a broken connection
    Just sayin'
    cheers
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Overthehill View Post
    Not sounding good !!
    Have you checked the drive/neutral handlebar switch for correct action, voltage etc and the wiring from the switch to .....wherever it goes
    Could be something simple like a broken connection
    Just sayin'
    cheers
    Pete
    Sure. It was almost the first to check. I`m still thinking about ECM or electronic fault as the most possible. Because the blinking "-" appears even without engine started just with ignition switched on. And without engine running, HFT is not working too, because there is no hydraulic or any other pressure etc.
    So, what`s going on after turn on the key? Fuel pump starts, relays starts. N/D clutch ready? All-system-check. And somewhere THERE is a tiny fault.
    Last edited by spamer80; 07-27-2017 at 01:08 AM.

Just throwing thoughts out here.
    Have you tried removing the n/d solenoid valve and giving it a few taps etc
    could be stuck in the wrong position
    I'd be looking at smaller things rather than the ecu
    If the ecu had fried you wouldn't be starting the bike and would probably be getting messages.
    Silly I know, but have you checked ALL the fuses, especially the HFT one?
    Can't think of much else except going thru the HFT section page by page!!!
    It looks like you live in a pretty extreme climate and corrosion is a big possibility, switches, connectors etc
    I can't imagine living in the climate you do...hot(40c+ here)...OK...cold(minus something or other for you)...nooooo way!!
    MOST of Australia barely gets below zero in winter except for a few low population areas, and heavy weather like you experience is pretty much a rarity.
    And, seeing the photos of your bike in "winter mode" There has got to be a correlation between that and something faulting.
    Sorry I can't be more constructive.
    Good luck
    Pete

You said there is no code for "blinking". check page no 59 and you may find:
    [I]The oil pressure indicator will go ON and will indicate the HFT trouble code (blink) the system will also switch the N/D clutch to neutral]. Considering the oil pressure indicator goes off after engine starts i might think the HFT is responsible for failure.
    See the explanations relating to HFT operation at page 56. The only piece left not tested/checked by you but very important as it swich from N to D mode is the LOCKUP SOLENOID VALVE. This piece stop/release the oil fluid pressure which make possible to engage or not the clutch. Before ordering ECM module ( 500 $ ) instead of you I would check this last piece and the conduits from TCM to it.

Pages 56 and 59 from Maintenance Manual.
    Last edited by senior; 07-27-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Thread Information