Honda DN01 Forums -  International DN01 Motorcycle Community Forum

Old 04-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
ginner1973

Default stuck in d mode. ..... help

Help please my Dino is stuck in d mode it wont go back into neutral even when turned ignition off then on...please help ive checked fuse and solenoid contacts..
ginner1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #2
sentenal 333

disconnect the battery and leave it for 15min then reconnect and try again.
sentenal 333 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sentenal 333 For This Useful Post:
ginner1973 (04-12-2014)
Old 04-12-2014, 04:07 AM   #3
ginner1973

Default sorted it

Kept on flicking kill switch
ginner1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #4
waldmeyer

For me all of these things "sometime" work. I've been wrestling with this for a few years. There was a recall for the ECU which was meant to correct this and, if done, they put a red sticker on the rear fender (under the number plate in my case). Mine was so marked but I still have these problems. In most cases I get by by pressing and holding the starter (with the ignition off) and then turning the ignition on.
Honda "gave" me a new ECU but the problem still exists.
I've returned my bike to the dealers but, as the problem is intermittent, they can't find anything although the fault shows on the diagnostic test which they can do. I've also tried messing about with the oil level with no success.
This problem spoils a rather nice bike for me and I sometimes take one of my other bikes rather than mess about getting the DN01 started.
I'd still be interested in any "real" solution.
waldmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:44 AM   #5
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldmeyer View Post
For me all of these things "sometime" work. I've been wrestling with this for a few years. There was a recall for the ECU which was meant to correct this and, if done, they put a red sticker on the rear fender (under the number plate in my case). Mine was so marked but I still have these problems. In most cases I get by by pressing and holding the starter (with the ignition off) and then turning the ignition on.
Honda "gave" me a new ECU but the problem still exists.
I've returned my bike to the dealers but, as the problem is intermittent, they can't find anything although the fault shows on the diagnostic test which they can do. I've also tried messing about with the oil level with no success.
This problem spoils a rather nice bike for me and I sometimes take one of my other bikes rather than mess about getting the DN01 started.
I'd still be interested in any "real" solution.
Just maybe the "new" ECU was DEFECTIVE too! I know at times when "replacing" with new parts (right out of the box) that part is bad too! And just maybe, when "they" tested the bike, initially, and found NOTHING wrong, they just put the red sticker on it anyways. Therefore you still have your original ECU installed ... problem never went away!
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:26 AM   #6
dndom

If flicking the kill or ignition switches works then it is probably a bad connection or sticky relay in the relevant circuits.
dndom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:43 AM   #7
waldmeyer

Thanks Chums!
Honda did send a new ECU and I paid the cost to have it installed. The difference we noted was that, with the "old" ECU the faults did not show up on the Honda diagnostics, whereas it did with the new one. My dealer says they have checked the relays and solenoids.
I've seen this type of fault mentioned quite a lot on the "old" forum.
I'm going to leave it with the dealer in the winter for further checks but am told quite a lot of stripping down is needed.
I wonder if anyone is able to see and understand anything related on a Japanese forum?
waldmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #8
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldmeyer View Post
Thanks Chums!
Honda did send a new ECU and I paid the cost to have it installed. The difference we noted was that, with the "old" ECU the faults did not show up on the Honda diagnostics, whereas it did with the new one. My dealer says they have checked the relays and solenoids.
I've seen this type of fault mentioned quite a lot on the "old" forum.
I'm going to leave it with the dealer in the winter for further checks but am told quite a lot of stripping down is needed.
I wonder if anyone is able to see and understand anything related on a Japanese forum?
So does this mean, since it WASN'T the ECU, that they will reimburse you your cost and labor, since I would only imagine, they are the ones who diagnosed the problem to be the ECU to begin with? Or, as I said before, the "new" ECU is bad too. I had a similar problem, the bike would not start and I switched "things" on AND off also. The problem went away ... but my "problem," I believe, was caused by the bike getting "overly" wet by one of Florida's notorious downpours! I sprayed electrical contact cleaner in the ignition switch AND the ON/OFF switch ... haven't seen the problem since. (In my case, I lean more towards the ON/OFF switch because that is what it acted like!) Just throw it out there IF anyone is interested.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #9
lenny

Default transmission

From what I have read and understand, the ECM only controls the engine management functions.A separate modual the TCM controls HFT transmission functions.
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lenny For This Useful Post:
Gizmo (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #10
dndom

Default As Len Says...

This probably explains how the original ECU recall cured altitude problems.
dndom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dndom For This Useful Post:
friesentom (02-24-2018)