Thread: Engine Coolant

Default Engine Coolant

has anybody found an easier way or modification to fill the water tank with out removing the rear cowling & seat ?

anybody know thickness of water coolant pipe (bore), going to move the filling cap to under the seat

is your bike loosing coolant? you shouldn't have to top it up. mine has done 40000km and hasn't lost a drop(I did just change the coolant and brake fluid
    for its 40000km service) if you think the coolant is in a bad place try topping up the rear master cylinder fluid without stripping the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by durhamjohn View Post
    has anybody found an easier way or modification to fill the water tank with out removing the rear cowling & seat ?
    I used a syringe with a rubber hose to top off the water tank under the bike. (Have to remove the fill hose first though which is EASY!)

no it isn't losing water, it took me 20 minutes to remove 4 clips, 6 bolts, & pulling plastic apart to put water in on my first long ride of the year, its only a matter of time before something breaks or weakens by pulling it all apart. for about 5 i can erase all that by moving the filler cap !

Just a funnel and hose saves any need to dismantle anything. I've had no need to refill in over 6 yrs.

В долгой поездке, порядком 2000 км. Заправлял 4 раза по 1 литру. Думаю это перебор, так не должно быть. Мотоцикл грелся часто.

Thread Information