Thread: Highway Speeds question

Default Highway Speeds question

I live in Central Texas and just started commuting to work 50 miles each way per day. Texas Interstates have a speed limit of 75mph. Can anyone here tell me how the bike feels going 75-80-Mph? Is the RPM's high, and the exhaust and vibration normal or above average? I have not yet gotten to test drive one on the Interstate, but do plan on doing so before deciding on buying.

It is the speed, dn-01 was designed for. 55 to 80 fitted perfectly for me. Just make sure you have non stock windshield. No vibrations and no stock exhaust noise at all.
    Rpms should be about 4500-5500. Far from red zone.
    Last edited by spamer80; 05-26-2019 at 09:10 AM.
    Former: NSA700A '08
    Current: XLX1000-61 '83

It's the ideal bike for such roads, eerily quiet and relentlessly smooth and stable with the Givi screen and laminar lip. 90mph easy cruising.

I regularly ride from Canberra to Newcastle (AUS) aprox 430k on my Dino and it sits on 120kph / 75mph all day. The long wheelbase makes it very stable and the motor hums with plenty of headroom to overtake. If you're fully loaded with panniers it has to work a bit harder but is still within its scope. I love the Dino and am reluctantly about to sell. If they made it in a 900 it would have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Steevk View Post
    I live in Central Texas and just started commuting to work 50 miles each way per day. Texas Interstates have a speed limit of 75mph. Can anyone here tell me how the bike feels going 75-80-Mph? Is the RPM's high, and the exhaust and vibration normal or above average? I have not yet gotten to test drive one on the Interstate, but do plan on doing so before deciding on buying.

Feels great at 75MPH. Smpoth, quiet, free of vibration. I can ride for a full tank with no hand or grip fatigue.
    ->Get a Givi or Puig windscreen. The stock screen is awful >55MPH.
    ->Do not let go of the handle bars. Mine is very stable but wobbles like crazy with no warning if you let go. Even just one hand on the grip is enough to damp it out and you might not guess what it will do. I imagine this can be fixed but others have reported the same issue and I don't like the experiments.

I ride mine from Laredo to Houston from time to time. My favorite speed is 65 mph as I have the original windshield. When I am in a hurry to get back I kick it up to 80-85 and the bike does great. I don't enjoy the faster speeds because of the wind and my "super chicken gene" but the bike has no problem with it.

Thread Information