Corbin Seat

realduff

Just recieved the new Corbin seat for the DN-01.
ONE BIG PROBLEM !! It's -25C outside so I have to wait for 105 days before I can cushion myself into the leather. I'll post picture as soon as I can.

Canadian's now have to order directly from Corbin USA. But the price was good and the shipping was only $45.00.

http://www.corbin.com/honda/hdn01fr.shtml

realduff
Edmonton

cbell.hillarys

how is it?

Realduff,
I imagine you have hit the road and having a great time but I am wondering how you find the corbin seat? I am 6'2" and find the riding position a bit cramped and would appreciate your impressions of the seat.

cheers

realduff

Just got back from a 4000KM ride. I didn't get the squirms at all.
During the initial break in it was a bit of a board but now it fits like a glove.
I have had Corbin seats on other bikes, bought it from Corbin USA.
www.corbin.com

Last edited:

new dn mama

hey realduff,the seat does look comfy ,but what i wanna know about are the soft side bags,what make are they,how do they attach,how much,who to order from?

Lady Hawk

Hi, I just joined today. Reading the posts and the question on the Corbin seat ,I just put one on my Dino this spring. I have had my Dino going in to my 4th season. The Corbin is Very comfy. Although it is wider making it a little bit of a stretch to put feet down flat for this 5'3 rider. Also an inch and a bit longer too. After about 1000km break-in it fits like a glove.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Comfy seat

I've been riding with a Corbin seat for quite a while now. I like it A LOT better than the original. Long distance rides are very comfortable! I am using a "knock-off" backrest similar to a Corbin backrest for about 1/4 the price of Corbin's. Ebay is my friend. And IF I decide to remove the backrest, it only takes about 2-3 minutes. Doesn't look TOO COOL when riding with the Sporties!

plod202

hi, i've been trying to sorce extra's for my DN-01 but coming up short, does anyone have any good recomendation for add on's

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I guess it all depends on what your DN-01 is used for, i.e., touring, back-n-forth to work, cruising the boulevards, etc. Truthfully, sources for add-ons are limited due to the rarity of the bike. A "better" windshield IS a must IF you do plan on "distance" riding. Storage sucks so "saddlebags" may be needed OR a backpack ... which I use. (I like keeping the "smooth" lines of the bike!) Search the Internet for "availability"/ideas/pictures of what's out there and what people have done to their DN-01s. A DN-01 is a thing of beauty and a "work in progress."

Last edited:

Sharona

Corbin question

Hi Lady Hawk,
I am 5'2", considering the Corbin. Does the back support at the rear of the driver seat make good contact? The stock seat left a few inch gap and offered no support to hold me upright towards handlebars. Also, do you have a comfortable leg position to floorboards? The stock seat was actually too low for me, so I would like to sit a bit higher but still reach the ground at stops.
Thanks, Sharona

Hi, I just joined today. Reading the posts and the question on the Corbin seat ,I just put one on my Dino this spring. I have had my Dino going in to my 4th season. The Corbin is Very comfy. Although it is wider making it a little bit of a stretch to put feet down flat for this 5'3 rider. Also an inch and a bit longer too. After about 1000km break-in it fits like a glove.

spitfire_pt

I've been riding with a Corbin seat for quite a while now. I like it A LOT better than the original. Long distance rides are very comfortable! I am using a "knock-off" backrest similar to a Corbin backrest for about 1/4 the price of Corbin's. Ebay is my friend. And IF I decide to remove the backrest, it only takes about 2-3 minutes. Doesn't look TOO COOL when riding with the Sporties!

400$ each seat plus chipment is hard to pay:mad:

"....knock-off" backrest similar" where did you find this. either my ebay is different or i dont know the exact words to search.

thx

Gizmo

Site Suporter
400$ each seat plus chipment is hard to pay:mad:

"....knock-off" backrest similar" where did you find this. either my ebay is different or i dont know the exact words to search.

thx

I know Corbin seats ARE NOT cheap, I was able to 'find' a used one for $125 off Ebay, MANY years ago. As far as the 'knock-off' backrest, I took the measurements of the mounting bracket hole of the Corbin and found a 'generic' new rest for $35. It wasn't easy, I had to do a LOT of searching. This was my story. Sorry I can not help you more.

chornbe

I was really bummed to see that Corbin doesn't make a Smuggler for the DN-01; I really liked the one I had on a previous bike.