dno1 exhaust

hello all,
has their been any more news on exhausts(mufflers) for these bikes
and has anyone removed the catalytic converter and put a straight slip on muffler?(i know this is illegal)
i would like to buy a exhaust but would like a bit more feed back as what you think would be the best one to use.
regards Stacey

zebra03

It seems the aftermarket for exhaust for the DN-01 is very limited . The only ones I have seen are from the far east .This might be time for do it yourself kind of work .

thanks zebra03, i have looked high and low but as you say i might start looking for something that may fit with a bit of ingenuity

zebra03

It would be nice to find something that would fit our bike from one of the other Honda's . I would even settle for modifying my stock exhaust .

Gizmo

Site Suporter
You may find that when a db test is done it will fail the test
What DB test? People do feel that SOME noise is better than NO noise (which is what the DN-01's STOCK exhaust sounds like!) Personally, I like the stock exhaust sound/noise .... it's VERY quiet! I'm older now and I've ridden my share of Harleys (quite loud) and I don't NEED that anymore!

dndom

Noise

Defensive riding will keep you safe far better than any loud exhaust. They just increase the general cocophony and annoy people.

durhamjohn

drilling my exhaust has made it louder but not racing bike loud, before it was to quite & people couldn't really here me cumming.
it now gives a nice PURR that is loud enough for people to here me cumming.
as for the db test i don't know what you are on about.
my exhaust is legal just a bit louder which makes me happy:).

djy1967

drilling my exhaust has made it louder but not racing bike loud, before it was to quite & people couldn't really here me cumming.
it now gives a nice PURR that is loud enough for people to here me cumming.
as for the db test i don't know what you are on about.
my exhaust is legal just a bit louder which makes me happy:).
DB is short for decibel meaning noise at which a motorcycle Is within legal a legal noise limit, there should be a sticker on the motorcycle which state the acceptable limit allowed, any way I agree some more noise is fine but as far as being safer im on the fence about that. There is better protection out there,

Last edited: