Givi color matched side cases installed.

Rollergoalie16

Aside from the Givi windscreen, and blacking out my muffler and pipe shrouds, the last item I really wanted to do was color match my side cases I just ordered. My cases, mounting hardware and Color Rite paint kit all finally came in this past week and I was able to get the cases painted and mounted just in time to get my Dino out and about for Bike Week here in Daytona Beach. It's a total drag that Givi doesn't make a stripped down mounting chassis for the side case mounts (PLX204) that doesn't have the top box option, as I wanted a clean look with the side cases only. I had to resort to buying the 265FZ top box mount and then cutting off the top box section in order to achieve the look I wanted. After removing and color matching the side case panels to my bike, and cutting off the top box section of the 265FZ mount, I am really happy with the results. The sturdiness and quality of the Givi V35 side cases and mounting hardware was well worth the money.

Attachments

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Aside from the Givi windscreen, and blacking out my muffler and pipe shrouds, the last item I really wanted to do was color match my side cases I just ordered. My cases, mounting hardware and Color Rite paint kit all finally came in this past week and I was able to get the cases painted and mounted just in time to get my Dino out and about for Bike Week here in Daytona Beach. It's a total drag that Givi doesn't make a stripped down mounting chassis for the side case mounts (PLX204) that doesn't have the top box option, as I wanted a clean look with the side cases only. I had to resort to buying the 265FZ top box mount and then cutting off the top box section in order to achieve the look I wanted. After removing and color matching the side case panels to my bike, and cutting off the top box section of the 265FZ mount, I am really happy with the results. The sturdiness and quality of the Givi V35 side cases and mounting hardware was well worth the money.

DEFINITELY makes the back end WIDE, but overall the bike looks SWEET!

spitfire_pt

DEFINITELY makes the back end WIDE, but overall the bike looks SWEET!
I ride mine always with 3 Givi cases and i dont mind, actually for me is strange when i remove the side ones.

i am used to the width of the bike with the cases :)

later2day

Didn't the top box mount add to the stability and rigidity of the GIVI rack system? I have not looked at it, but I would think you could have compromised the integrity of the system at that point. I ask because I'm picking up a Dino for my wife and would like to put the GIVI bags on it and would also like to avoid the top case as she doesn't need it.

Rollergoalie16

Didn't the top box mount add to the stability and rigidity of the GIVI rack system? I have not looked at it, but I would think you could have compromised the integrity of the system at that point. I ask because I'm picking up a Dino for my wife and would like to put the GIVI bags on it and would also like to avoid the top case as she doesn't need it.
Nope, not at all. In fact it's more rigid because the top portion of the mount was cut off resulting in a shorter, more rigid frame for the side cases. Instead of having the entire top portion to support, I cut the top mount off 1" behind the vertical support as you can see in the photos.

Attachments

Mark M

side case question

I notice that you are in Florida, so you must have to deal with a lot of hot riding conditions. I am considering adding side cases to my bike, but am concerned about how anything that big would affect the bike's dissipation of heat during the summer months? And how do they affect stability and crosswind handling?

Thanks in advance!