Dynojet

Deehaich

Hi guys,

I'm the proud new owner of a 2008 DN-01 as of 2 weeks ago and still enjoying the honeymoon! It's just about all I'd hoped it would be and pretty well the opposite of many characteristics of my previous ride, a Buell S1 Lightning, i.e., its comfortable, low, quiet and easy to ride.

However, I am missing just a little the sensation of having my arms stretched, which the Buell achieved with style due to its oversize rear sprocket...

Anyway, to my question: have any members had their bikes remapped? And if so, what did you do and what was the effect? I've read a few conflicting articles on the interweb about the bike's BHP and torque values and also that the bike came out of the factory heavily restricted.

I found this link, which seems to say that a new-ish bikes performance was improved by around 25 - 30%! (Down at the bottom of the page)

http://www.ebbo.org/remapping.php

Any thoughts...?

Deehaich

Hi,

I've done some research on this and have found that DYNOJET have stopped making their year- and model-specific Power Commander III (3) for the DN-01 2008.

However, the Power Commander V (5) can be used on 2008 as well as 2009 models and can be bought with the particular model's mapping software either pre-loaded for a factory standard bike, or modified mapping software is downloadable from their website via a USB connection for non-factory standard bikes (that have had, say, a K&N air filter fitted and/or a particular silencer, say). This can be plugged straight onto the bike by a DIYer, apparently, without the need for a rolling road dynamometer test.

In addition to that, and unlike the old PC III, the PC V can be accompanied by a DYNOJET Autotune unit, which screws into the hole where the Oxygen (O2) sensor is located in the silencer. This additional bit of kit plugs straight into the PC V and constantly re-maps the bike for any situation (hot, cold, humid, high altitude,etc) and any non-factory standard modification you care to make!

It's about £300 for the PC V and another £200 for the Autotune, DYNOJET in Preston, UK, tell me and they also recommend a K&N air filter is fitted to optimize air flow.

This will give an increase in performance (acceleration and fuel consumption) of between 5% and 8%, they reckon, with better throttle response. The guy I spoke to at DYNOJET reckoned the bike tested on the web link I posted must've had some underlying issue for the remap to be as spectacular as quoted.

I alo asked the guy about discounts for Isle of Man TT marshals of 20 years service an will be meeting him at their Grandstand base this year...any one else going...?