Extension to Givi D316S

Dale M

Givi has what they call the Givi Airflow Windshield System. On u-tube it looked just like a Latimar Lip except it slides up and down and latches in place. Givi is currently out of them and this product evidently fits on many types of windshields. Has anyone tried this product on their 316!

bhamrider

I didn't know about it but I'm going to check it out.
I have a laminar lip on mine but it dosn't quiet do the job.
Thanks for the post.

Dale M

Givi windscreen for DN-01

Talked to Givi on the fone last week and he thought Givi had an airflow windshield for the 01... wanted to be sure about this. I emailed them today and they said NO.. they didn't make one. My only other idea for more wind protection is to buy a used D316S, cut it in half at its widest point, throw the bottom part away and use the top part to make my own latimar lip. So far haven't found a used windshield... there $140 new.

NCben

I installed the Givi first. The helmet buffeting was so bad that it made my vision blur. I think it was just my height that made it so bad. If I lean or slump down a little it was good, and if I streched up it was ok. So next, I put on the laminar lip. It made the bike where I could ride it again without getting a head ache.

Dale M

I emailed the latimer lip people and they said they make nothing that fits the 316 from Givi. What did you order that works!

NCben

I used the Laminar Lip "H2281C LIP for DN-01, Clear". They actually make it for the stock windshield but it will also fit the Givi.

Dale M

Thanks, have to try that ... they even have the smoke which is what I wanted. I should just be able to look over it.

dkenney

Could you post pictures. I would like to see how it fits over the GIVI curves.

Thanks in advance

Dale M

Good pictures. Now I know what mine is going to look like although I did get the tinted one. In the very center of the laminar lip, at the bottom, is it resting on the Givi windshield or is there space between the two!

Dale M

I must have done something wrong on my first reply... anyhow, good pictures. Now I know what mine will look like although I did get the tinted version. In the center of the laminar lip at the bottom edge, is it in direct contact with the Givi windshield or is there space between the two!

NCben

Dale, at the bottom edge of the Laminar Lip there is a small space between it and the Givi. It's only 3/16".

My wife's camera takes good pictures, I just hit the button!