Givi V35 Saddlebags

~rena

my husband's latest modification project to my bike has been the addition of the Givi V35 sidebags. he then used the Color Rite spray paint to match the color of the panels to the gorgeous "candy glory red" of my bike. while they are spacious enough to handle my luggage for overnight stays, they do not accommodate either of my full face icon helmets. i'll just have to store mine in his Honda ST1300's tailbag. although, i am looking at a scorpion full face this week to see if it will fit.

with the addition of the admore lighting, if this bike didn't catch cage drivers' attention before, it certainly should now!

Attachments

bhamrider

wow!

Looks great! I have the same setup, Givi windshield also. I want to paint mine to match. Do you know the # on the Color Rite paint.

~rena

the Color Rite paint for the candy glory red is R101, you also have to get the base coat so it'll match. i don't remember the number, but it'll automatically pop up when you put the R101 in your cart. do you have just the sidebags, or the top bag, too?

Last edited:

bhamrider

My Color Rite order should arive tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the new look. I havn't order a top case yet. I have a nice tailbag that I'll use for a while. Givi V46 looks like the one I'll get, maybe next spring for the overnight rides. Thanks for posting the photos.

Slava777

Looks great. I am planing to paint my cases in the spring. Did your husband put clear coat on top of paint?

bhamrider

Got mine painted! What a difference it makes. Yes you do need the clear coat.
Read the directions, take your time, and do it under "controlled atmospheric conditions". I'll post some pics later.

Decade

my husband's latest modification project to my bike has been the addition of the Givi V35 sidebags. he then used the Color Rite spray paint to match the color of the panels to the gorgeous "candy glory red" of my bike. while they are spacious enough to handle my luggage for overnight stays, they do not accommodate either of my full face icon helmets. i'll just have to store mine in his Honda ST1300's tailbag. although, i am looking at a scorpion full face this week to see if it will fit.

with the addition of the admore lighting, if this bike didn't catch cage drivers' attention before, it certainly should now!

Nice setup. I am planning to have saddlebags too. However, those Givi looks bigger than I thought. Does it block the vision of mirrors?

And they are detachable, right? Can you post some pictures that the bags are detached? Thank you.

tlyons

Nice setup. I am planning to have saddlebags too. However, those Givi looks bigger than I thought. Does it block the vision of mirrors?

And they are detachable, right? Can you post some pictures that the bags are detached? Thank you.
I installed the Givi sidebags with E55 top box since I wanted a waterproof place for my briefcase. The sidebags are much larger than I expected and they do block the view from the mirrors somewhat. They are easily removed in 2 seconds with a key and carried off with their suitcase style handles.

I can put an XL Bell helmet in the side case. It only fits with the neck opening of the helmet facing the rear wheel.

som2002

I got the colored panels off of my bags and sanded with 800 grit, my color-rite 3 stage paint kit came today. Now I just need a warm enough day to go out and spray them. (high 40's right now) :-( Where in the heck is SPRING!!!!

som2002

Ok, I just started with the 2 "L" shaped panels from the side bags and didn't attempt the larger topbox panel yet. I have the 3 aerosol can kit offered through amazon. I laid out the silver base coat on both, then started building up the red tint waiting 20 minutes between coats as directed. I got 4 coats on one panel and 3 on the other, it looked like it was getting no darker after coat 3 going to coat 4??? I am now out of red tint, and the color is nowhere near a dark deep ruby red, more like a metallic pink!! I thought perhaps it would pop once the clear was applied over the top. NOPE. Now it is just a shiny metallic pink. Not sure what to do now.... Ordering more red tint is like another $35 on top of all the money I've already spent on this paint kit. And now that I've cleared over what I have thus far, not even sure if I'll be able to build more tint over it all? Anyone with more experience than me want to chime in on how they did their aerosol 3 stage process, and maybe how many coats of tint it took you to get that right shade of red before you were satisfied? Kinda sucks that the kit gave me plenty of base silver and clear, but not enough tint to complete 2 smallish panels..?!?!

eckidd2

Givi saddlebags set-up

First of all, I love the set-up with the Giving saddlebags! I have a 2009 DN-01 and was looking for the exact same set-up. My bike has the back rest and I didn't want the top box. How are your bags attached to the bike without the brace for the top box? Please! Any help in this regards would be appreciated!