New Givi windscreen

Brian72

Hello fellow riders. I just purchased a new Givi windscreen for my 2009 DN-01. I am passing on the site because of the excellent customer service and price($121.00+tax). I picked it up myself but they do ship. The site is www.pca-one.com. Happy riding!

Brian72

Give windshield

It took me about an hour to install. Just waiting for the weather to break. Happy riding!

tlyons

Hello fellow riders. I just purchased a new Givi windscreen for my 2009 DN-01. I am passing on the site because of the excellent customer service and price($121.00+tax). I picked it up myself but they do ship. The site is www.pca-one.com. Happy riding!
I had the Givi on mine. Liked it but was never happy about the look. I switched out to a Puig. Likely no one but me could ever tell its different but I am happy with it.

The Puig is seems to direct the wind slightly lower maker it louder but with a bit less buffeting. I imagine upper body height and stance would matter.

I got mine since I figured it wouldn't be a lot longer before none available. There are still a few of the Puig around at a discount if someone wanted to go that way:
http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/PUIG-Racing-Windscreen-Smoke-4928H-p/4705801.htm

Maverick_aces

Puig Windscreen vs OEM

I went with your advice/knowledge tlyons and purchased the Puig. I like it much better than the factory shield. I ordered dark smoked and kinda wish that I had just gone for the full-on blacked out model. Oh-well I sill like the dark screen and the look of the bike with it. It raised the wind deflection from 6.5" (from keyhole) to 14" if anyone else is interested. Thanks again for posting your response as I did kinda go from it when buying. :cool:

mdivancic

Took some time to install a GIVI windshield that came with the bike I purchased last summer. Previous owner never installed it for some reason? It's an easy install if you have the service guide, but a bit fiddly with all the stupid plastic clips Honda uses.

Bonus fun, found a nice little mouse home up under the plastic that covers the tank! No wires or anything else chewed, but wonder what would have happened if the bike got hot with that up there?

Took it out for a quick six mile test ride. Like the way it feels compared to the stock windshield. More noise on the helmet, but I'm guessing my neck will not get tired on long rides.

Regards,
Mike

Maverick_aces

I liked the look of the Puig

I purchased and install the Puig Windshield. I did get a smoked, but in some ways wished I had purchased the blacked out model. It wouldn't really decrease the road much in front of you anyways, and would look great against the black bike. I will post pics

dndom

Givi Screen

This is my final adaptation. It's flex free, rigid and very quiet up to top speed and as good as any full touring fairing, Proper Job! The top extension is a Laminar Lip, the sides 5mm polycarbonate and the rear strut 6mm alloy tube with a wire coat hanger inside.

Attachments

mdivancic

i have replaced the original windshield with Puig and for better protection against wind flow i have added a wind deflector. the result is as expected, i may drive over 80 km/hours without helmet visor . see attached pictures,
So where did you get that from?

Regards,
Mike

senior

i got them from a local supplier ( Romania !). but you may find them just looking into e-bay offers, Just look for '' PUIG WINDSHIELD ". the PUIG company is based in Spain. To find the exact model you may need, download their Catalog from PUIG's site.

mdivancic

Thanks for the tip. There are a ton on eBay. What size did you get? They have everything from 230mm to 315mm? I'm assuming you got the smoke version as well?