Plastic trim / fairing clips

Guyver68

Hi - does anyone know what could be used instead of these #*!(@$ useless little plastic clips Honda has holding the bike together? The ones in the front popped out on a long trip and the replacement ones won't stay in so my front cowl panels rattle when I ride.

Thanks.

DNSarnia

I bought these [ame]http://www.ebay.com/itm/250895513887?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT[/ame] on ebay. There is a variety of lengths and thicknesses. You do need the correct replacement - as you've found out.

Guyver68

Yeah - I have used the exact OEM replacements and I bought the kit you recommended off ebay. They still pop out. So to reiterate my original question: Does anyone know of something else that can be used instead of these plastic clips?

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Yeah - I have used the exact OEM replacements and I bought the kit you recommended off ebay. They still pop out. So to reiterate my original question: Does anyone know of something else that can be used instead of these plastic clips?
Looks like I'll NEVER be taking my bike apart!

Karlak50

rear cowl removel

Hi, I'm trying to get the rear cowl off but a couple of the clips just spin and won't unscrew. How can I get them out? Thanks karla