AFTER MARKET REPLACEMENT EXHAUST

SCOOTA

Hi all, I'm just about to purchase an aftermarket exhaust from Guang Rong in Taiwan, wondering if anyone who has changed their exhaust on the DN has had to do any other mods to their DN, i.e. alter the PGMFI system or anything else.

Cheers
Scoota

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Sneaky

I just love it when I can ride up alongside someone and they didn't hear me coming. Quiet is GOOD!! (Saves on hearing loss)

bhamrider

I just installed mine last week and I love it. It looks great, weighs less, and sounds like a V twin should. It's not too loud. Easy to install. The sound is a low frequency resonance. I also get a bit more pep out of the bike with the lower back pressure. You will be pleased.

SCOOTA

AFTER MARKET EXHAUST

TKS bhamrider...

I'll fit mine tomorrow, did you need any extra parts, i.e. gasket or gasket goo to complete the fitting?

bhamrider

No parts are needed. You need to remove the original gasket. Do a loose fit before tighting the muffler clamp. The OM muffler does not need a gasket.The fit of the heatshield is determined by where you space the muffler. I used some high temp anti-seize to make it slide together. Good luck, take your time, it's an easy job.

SCOOTA

I pulled the old one off and played around with the new one for a while, it's going to need a bit of tweaking and some heat to get it all back together so as I'm not an expert 'handyman' I'm going to leave it to the bike shop to fit. The guy at the shop was concerned that maybe the programmed fuel injection may need to be adjusted as a result of the new muffler, have you experienced this or heard anything of the like?

bhamrider

No ajustments to the bike are needed. The O2 sensor is in the same location and profides the feedback to the ECM (computer). I think the lower back pressure is an big improvement. I'm very pleased with mine.

SCOOTA

after market muffler

:):):) very pleased with the way it's turned out, really nice to hear just a bit of grunt coming out of that V twin, no trouble mixing it with the 'bigger' boys now. :D Looks pretty cool too.

xaneti

Hi, i´m from Barcelona, Spain.
I'm not new from here. I always take a look to see if there is something new to our bike and tell it to my friends from Dn01 forum in Spain. I have a precious DN01 Black´08.

Referring to the exhaust. Today , I have sent an email to an Exhaust chinese company that makes good products and they have a vey good price. Less than 100$. The name is DAN MOTO.
They have exhaust for some Hondas, for example NT700x, that i think it have the same engine as Dn01. I said to him, that there are a lot of people interested to change the exhaust, and could be good for they to do a exhaust for DN01.

Here it can see an image from this exhaust, a video to see how it sounds and the web. Could be good that someone from you ask the same to him to do some pressure.. jeje. We could try it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JAS01OvM20

WEB: http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/nc-7...-18_19_170.html

I will tell you some answer from this company...

zebra03

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZVZFXS-Tw[/ame]

Saw this on Youtube and thought it was interesting .

orangeblood

Changes to my DN-01

I have done a lot of changes to my DN-01. Cut the frame in half and put a fat boy fender on the back so I could have leather saddles bags and a sissy bar when I travel. Changed the seat, put a fish tail muffler on it, rewired to have different brake and flush mount turn signals on rear.

Attachments

zebra03

I have done a lot of changes to my DN-01. Cut the frame in half and put a fat boy fender on the back so I could have leather saddles bags and a sissy bar when I travel. Changed the seat, put a fish tail muffler on it, rewired to have different brake and flush mount turn signals on rear.
Very nice work ! Can I see your muffler ?

bhamrider

I rode 120 miles, About 280 km over mountian roads with a lot of turns and switch backs last Sunday. This motorcycle rocks. After I put the OM muffler on the bike can now breathe. I passed some Harley riders doing about 85mph and waved. I'm sure they were asking, What THF was that! It was a great day!:p

hook

I posted an album on my profile, showing some of the stuff on Debs' bike, I have many pics of the bike in various stages of 'undress', if anyone would like to view those