Discomfort!

adammounsey

I'm finding that after an hour on the bike I get a sore backside and can't wait to get off it! Is anyone else having this issue? And what do you do to resolve it? I love this bike but being so uncomfortable after a relatively short time is letting it down!

DammmDel

I personally do not find this happens and I usually ride for a few hours but I am only 5'7. however the resonable move for it would be a backrest or take a break.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Upgrade to a "better" seat OR, as stated before, backrest. I wouldn't think that riding for only an hour would cause such discomfort. I use a backrest, for long rides, so that I have something to lean against.

dndom

Numb-bum cure? 'AIRHAWK' Type 'R'. Use it on all your bikes. Even nasty train seats!

Last edited:

Rus

I'm finding that after an hour on the bike I get a sore backside and can't wait to get off it! Is anyone else having this issue? And what do you do to resolve it? I love this bike but being so uncomfortable after a relatively short time is letting it down!
You need to adjust REAR SHOCK ABSORBER

3spd6

i find the dn01 one of the only bikes i can ride for more than an hour w/o being ready for a break(the others being a 1993 gold wing & a 1995 honda helix). besides you need to stop once awhile and smell the roses!!:)

DNSarnia

Numb-bum cure? 'AIRHAWK' Type 'R'. Use it on all your bikes. Even nasty train seats!
Here is a link to their page: http://www.airhawk.net/airhawk-r.aspx ($199.95)

however, for the fairer gender (those without a prostate or scrotum)... Or just the cheap ba$tards we are... I bought a seat cushion from Canadian Tire. Regularly $40 but often goes on sale for about $12-$15. For that price, I didn't mind cutting it to size, trimming, and then restitching it to both the DN-01 seat, and my own. If you go to the link... I trimmed mine to the darker portion in the middle.

Here is the one I got: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/gel-seat-cushion-0321419p.html