ELECTRONICAL PROBLEM

BABYEVO

Hi guys,
my name is Frank and i'm writing you from Milan( Italy) as owner of a DN-01
year 2009,6600 KM wit a technical-electronical problem.
Maybe someone can give me a help to understand what's haeppening with my bike.
Yesterday morning the bike was washed from me and after driven for 20 KM.
Went to school to pick up my child, parked the bike, all was ok.
When we got on the bike to drive home,the problem started.
After switchin on the bike, on the display under the D/S ( drive/sport) a -
appeared lightning 8 times,sometimes 2 times slow and 6 times fast,sometimes in the same way, 8 times fast.
This morning I brought the bike the a Honda mechanical, reset of the electrical
part has been tried for 3 times without success.
Note that yesterday we turned home with the bike running only in the first gear.
Has someone of you idea about the possiblemistake?

Awaiting to read you and thanks in advance...

BABYEVO

BABYEVO

Hi guys,
nonone has an idea about what haeppended with my bike?
Also in Italy noone has idea and this is not a good sign.
I took away all the plastic parts looking at all the connectors
searching for any problem,but foud nothing.
Also disconnected the battery for few hours hoping in the reset of the centralin,
nothing haeppened,thried also in the reset by the connector under the seat,but
reset procedure not accepted from the bike,now i hope that the Honda mechanical will find the problem.
In any case,also if noone replies,I will keep you informed cause I hope that this problem will not haeppen to someone of you,but if haeppens,you will know where your hands or mechanical ones has to be put to solve it.

Bye bye from Italy

BABYEVO

spamer80

I only can advice you to download service manual and search for error code. You should refer to page from 11-21 to 11-61. Take a closer look at pages 11-26 and 11-27 with symptom troubleshooting. If I were near you, I would be interested, but since I'm not there, I can't diagnosis on a story. And I'm a bit lazy. Sorry. Good luck.

Last edited:

BABYEVO

Thanks for your reply,
the error code gives" trottle body position,after that the Honda mechanical tried to reset the centralin,like written on the manual in his hands,but unfortunately the centralin doesn't make the reset.
It means the electrical centralin doesn't react and from experience of the past mit other bikes/cars, when this haeppens, it means that the centralin gone Ko and has to be replaced completely.
These things could haeppen, but when it haeppens in summer,period in which we all use our bikes more than in the other seasons........:mad:

Anyway as soon I know more, I keep you informed.

Ciao

BABYEVO