Fuel injection glitch!

Has anyone out there had something to happen like I am having with a slight bump or hiccup while engaging the throttle at speed, say around 60 m.p.h. going up a slight incline in the roadway?

It is almost like the fuel injection just burps for a second and the bike kind of stalls. It always keeps running though and sometimes I will ride it all day and it doesn't do it at all and then other times it will do it at least 5 or 6 times over say a 100 mile ride.

I am thinking it could be gasoline quality or maybe because my bike sits sometimes for maybe 3 weeks without being ridden.

spamer80

The well known D-mode 84 km/h bump, or not? When you don't accelerate or deccelerate and riding about between 84-85 km/h. You mean this?

dkenney

The Dino has a glitch at 50 mph. It will give a slight jerk when in D mode. I think it happens because at 50 mph the transmission can not seem to find the right gear. My explanation might be wrong but the slight jerk happens when transitioning above or below 50 mph. It seems to be especially noticeable when decelerating.

Yes, I think this is what I am talking about. It is almost like it is searching for a gear to go into. And it doesn't happen all the time just periodically and it is always when holding the throttle constant and starting up a incline in the roadway!

spamer80

It seems to be ok. The guys at another forum asked a dealer and they told them this is the transmission locking up into direct drive. When riding a S mode you will find the same at about 115 km/h. And another thing to think. When my bike was under recall and my dealer replaced 38910-MEH-633 part (not because of this), this "lock" become almost unnoticeable. Anyway, this seems to be normal and noone never had problems with it except some discomfort.

Y2c

Yes it seems the well reported and experienced 84kph gear skip.

The ECU change does not resolve the problem so those who get it just live with it.