Gap under Givi windshield

Guyver68

Hi,
Has anyone found a way or something to fill the gap under Givi windshield? I know in Japan there is a light that goes there but I haven't been able to find any. Anyone know how/where to get one or another mod to fill this gap?
Thanks

Guyver68

thank you most kindly! I was hoping for a more professional option as me and cutting things doesn't work very well! :)

Gizmo

Site Suporter
At first I was thinking about "cutting" a piece of black rubber seal to fill the gap when I changed to a Givi windshield (3 years ago) but then I never did. My thinking is that it helps with the wind pressure against the Givi, frontal air can escape below the windshield.

DammmDel

I only said that as I have the light on mine (uk) and it is a clear light.. ive looked on ebay and the like so im thinkn honda will be the place...

Gizmo

Site Suporter
thank you most kindly! I was hoping for a more professional option as me and cutting things doesn't work very well! :)
IF you do discover something that will work, please post it for the rest of us here in the States.

mdivancic

On mine the control readout cover extends down to a point as such:

Doesn't look bad at all. Is this what your's looks like?

Don't mind the dust!

Mike

RIDER-59

I've got the same problem here is Oz but after considering many options, the one I favour, but have not tested, is to buy a second genuine screen. I'd then pull out my current genuine screen that's a little scratched with normal wear, and trim it back to fit into the front v-section left by the Puig screen. If that didn't work, I'd fit the new genuine screen and then go and think about a better option.

nyparrothead

I added the EU center marker light... I found an EU dealer online and ordered the light and dash cover. You have to replace both but it looks great.

Mark

DNSarnia

I added the EU center marker light... I found an EU dealer online and ordered the light and dash cover. You have to replace both but it looks great.

Mark
I did the same. I think my landed cost in Canada was about $50 or $60 Cdn. It looks really nice, and especially, as the low beam is 1 light out... basically balances out the front appearance on approach. (though..it's not really bright!)