Got my DN

HenkHolland

Finally made my decision to buy a DN, after initially looking for Moto Guzzi.
Test driving the DN at my local Honda dealer was like stepping on a bicycle (in Holland we start riding bikes at 3). Wanted to be absolutely sure so tested the Honda Silver Wing 400 and Suzuki Burgman. Although comfortable and probably more useful in real life, this was too much of 'salaryman's' workhorse.
Motor riding should be fun and a bit of adventure if you have a luxury car as an alternative. On holiday in Kos(Greece) a few weeks ago I spotted 2 DN's and was sold. Collected mine this weekend and had my first long trips. I was worried that I might find out that all the negative reports were true and it would be a one of those idiots that could not resist the beautiful packaging.
I am however in love with this designer bike and accept all the small discomforts with ease (as you would from you lover). I guess I am too tall (1,87 cm) so I need to keep my legs wide (same as with Guzzi's beautiful v-twin). Luggage is a still a bit of puzzle. And I have immediately ordered the Givi to allow longer trips during autumn in Holland. Will scan the community for tips and hope to share some of my experiences after the first months. Thanks Honda for building the DN-01 and ignore the sanity(I am sure we all had to do this when buying the bike). Gr Henk