Has anyone done any long trips on the DN-01?

jdunker

I'm planning a trip from Alabama to Denver and back this summer and I was wondering if anyone has taken their DN-01 on a long trip? I've only had mine since last August and I'm still in love with it.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Russia to Africa is ok?

I would say that THAT was ok! That is definitely a LONG trip on the DN-01. The best I've done was a trip to upstate New York from Florida and back last summer. Got caught in the rain during half the trip back home BUT no rust evident anywhere on the bike ... I just love plastic!

new dn mama

1600 miles[approx?]

last august went from north washington down coast hwy 101 to north calfornia and back up inland through columbia river gorge.the dn01 had no problems keeping up with hubby,s honda vtx 1300[in fact he did a lot of backfiring in the higher elevations-not my fuel injected baby]had pockets of fog on the coast,making it a little chilly but it was an awesome hwy ,lots of twisties,coming back inland it was very hot and windy,had to dodge a few fires and the givi screen really didn,t help much with the crazy crosswinds.this summer we,re talkin sturgiss...not russia to africa but hey!..ride on!!!

bhamrider

Dude, I'm in B'ham Alabama. I thought I had the only DN-01 in town (except for the one owned by BarberMotorsports.com) I do some very good rides with some awesome riders several times every month. Last week we had 25 bikes of all types doing a very well planed scenic class 3 ride. I was being chased by a Ducati Penigale. Lets get together for a ride!

jdunker

I rode my Burgman to Montana a few years ago, so Denver should not be a problem. It's only February and I'm already getting excited about getting on the road.

Last edited:

shmeg

Brisbane to Hobart - Brisbane to Darwin.

Went well. never missed a beat. has 35K on the clock now.
recommend a seat mod and windshield if you are going to do long distance highway. Anything over 95km/hr is unneccesarily turbulent. Still love it though.
After a while it is just an extension of your body. Safe riding.