Leaking coolant

Well I decided to break out my DN for the first time this spring here in Nashville, Tn. I always store the bike with full fuel tank and fuel treatment. I keep the bike in a non temperature controlled garage and covered on a battery tender thru the winter months of December thru late March. I pulled the cover off and started the bike with no problems. I donned my riding gear and took off, it was a pretty cold day, in the 50's so I didn't ride but maybe 10 miles or so just enough to warm up the bike to change the engine oil and filter and the transmission oil filter.
When I parked the bike back in the garage I assembled my tools and lay to the side of the bike to remove the oil drain bolt, and to my surprise I say some liquid of some sort that had blew back on the frame and motor area and there was a small drip on the frame piece itself.
I stuck my finger in the fluid and immediately realized that it was coolant (crap)!
I looked just to the upper part of the left side of the engine and saw where the coolant was coming from, it was from the drain hole on the water pump!
I cleaned off the surfaces and started the bike and looked to see if there was any more coolant leaking from the drain in the water pump, it did not leak any more so I decided to take it for another short ride to see if it would leak any more. When I returned I looked and no more coolant leaked out.
I was wondering if this is just a fluke and maybe because the bike sat for several months without running that maybe the coolant seal dried out a little and seepage was just a little blow-by.
Was wondering if anyone else out there has had this same experience?:confused:

Gundam

I do not have the same problem as you have, mainly because over here we can ride all year long...

But this coolant seepage from the drain hole is normal, it is from the mechanical seal, because you have not ridden the bike for quite sometime that's why it seeps a little, after that it should be fine... if it seeps continously, then you need to change the seal...