My new second hand bike

Gizmo

Site Suporter
VERY impressed with the "upgrades" on the bike, especially the hard case saddlebags. Definitely a GOOD BUY!!!

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Thanks gives me a good feeling as I have to convince my wife ;-)
Tell her it's probably the "safest" bike that you could own. Let her sit on it and show how her how "simplistic" it is ... even a man could handle it!

flybike

Tell her it's probably the "safest" bike that you could own. Let her sit on it and show how her how "simplistic" it is ... even a man could handle it!
Well she insists to have a topcase behind her, because she tends to fell asleep during longer tours. The Dino not has any, and will not have any ... Just a playmobil for big boys.

spamer80

Really? Are you sure? And WTF is that? OMG! It's topcase! It's backrest! And large backrest! And another topcase! How could it be?! :D:D:D

Don't forget Corbin.

Well, it can't compare with GoldWing and Electra Gilde, but it's still good for a cruiser.

Last edited:

flybike

Really? Are you sure? And WTF is that? OMG! It's topcase! It's backrest! And large backrest! And another topcase! How could it be?! :D:D:D

May be I don't want a Topcase on THIS bike. I like it as it is much better. ;-) And for the long distance holiday with wife, I will take the VFR1200 DCT anyway.

dndom

Fly

Interesting that! I gave up on Sport 'Tourers' for long rides many years ago, still keep them as toys though. How many trouble free Km's have you done on your DCT?

flybike

Interesting that! I gave up on Sport 'Tourers' for long rides many years ago, still keep them as toys though. How many trouble free Km's have you done on your DCT?

It's my second. together witht the first I did some 60000 km.

flybike

Today visited dealer again ...

So today I visited my HONDA dealer in Germany again, the one who was warning me about higher costs. I asked him again and he excused. He made an error because the incidents he heard of were mistakes of dealer.

You must know, that the DN-01 was very badly sold in Germany. Even today you can find Dinos with 0 km offered from dealer. Often they register the bike for one day in order to have a reason to sell it cheaper. So did one dealer in Germany. But he could not sell the bike for a longtime. Finally he found a client, and forgot, that he had registered the bike before. The consequence of this one day register was, that the bike - guarantee period started. Now 3 years later there was no guarantee any more on the bike but the dealer forgot about.

An error occurred and the main electronic element had be be exchanged. Normally within guarantee no problem, but now big problem.

Later I asked him about the HFT. As I heard, it was an item from the HONDA shelf, used in ATV. My dealer told me, that during the technical introduction to dealer, they had been told, that this HFT is so precise, that HONDA could not find a supplier and had to produce it by HONDA itself.

So far my news about DN-01 and high mileage.

flybike

Tomorrow I fly to Berlin to pick up my new 2nd Hand-Bike

Have to wake up at 4 in the morning. So good night. Tomorrow night will post my new toy.

flybike

OK this is the mobile-phone Video I took when I picked up my new toy in Berlin this morning.
http://youtu.be/j8oKo_Dc6eQ The sound of the bike is much nicer than the video gives the impression. Will do some better Video later.

Drove back under burning sun, temp. in shadow between 40 and 34°C which is rarely measured in Germany. I had to stop every 100 km or so because my feet became too hot and I needed to drink.

Now the important message.

This DN-01 had been improved by one of the old type German technicians. The one who learned several years, and were proud to show their skills. Many of these old fashion people had been replaced during the last years by people who only need to work according to a Standard Operation Procedure, and do not need to know anything more. Which allows mini salary and maxi profit, but will kill the high quality image of German products on the long run.

What he did with the DN-01 is really impressing. May be I will do some close up photos soon to show you the details.

spamer80

Nice one! (wrote that before watching the video). Now watched. DAT SOUND!!! My ears. Really, I prefer stock muffler. But congratulations anyway. These handguards seems good at least for wind protection.