Not allowed to ride!

adammounsey

I haven't had my dn-01 long, and I've now been told by my gp that I'm not allowed to drive or ride for the foreseeable future due to possible Sleep Apnoea! Bummer. We're having some great summer weather I'm off work and I can't ride. Bloody frustrated is an understatement. Bike is locked away in the garage wired up to the trickle charger, just waiting for me!

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I haven't had my dn-01 long, and I've now been told by my gp that I'm not allowed to drive or ride for the foreseeable future due to possible Sleep Apnoea! Bummer. We're having some great summer weather I'm off work and I can't ride. Bloody frustrated is an understatement. Bike is locked away in the garage wired up to the trickle charger, just waiting for me!

I don't see the correlation between Sleep Apnea and riding a bike ... what am I missing here? Possibly falling asleep while riding??

spamer80

Well. I fell asleep during 2000km of dirt and mountain roads in 24hr ride in Morocco. But before that I stopped to sleep sitting on bike. So I fell from standing bike.
Garmin sucks there.

Last edited:

DNSarnia

After a stroke, my gp suggested "it's not a good idea to be driving a car"... What I heard was "Cars are out... Bike is fine!"

Norrie

I have a different illness but self imposed ban on driving or riding, my concentration has gone to hell in a basket because of the meds and treatment I'm on.

I crashed my wife's 5 day old car. (€3,000 of damage) Thankfully nobody was hurt and she didn't kick me out of the house.

adammounsey

Still waiting for a sleep assessment to confirm whether I have apnoea or not. If I do have it I have to notify the dvla who are likely to take my licence off me untill it's under control and the Dr says it's ok to drive! It's the same for work as well. I'm a train driver, so I can't work either until it's sorted!

adammounsey

I don't see the correlation between Sleep Apnea and riding a bike ... what am I missing here? Possibly falling asleep while riding??
Lack of concentration due to lack of oxygen overnight, and possibility of blacking out in extreme circumstances I believe!