Oil Light

Freddy

I had an 'interesting' experience today when checking the oil level in my Dino. After doing so, the red oil light on the dash was on. After starting and stopping the engine a couple of time it was still on with the engine running. It seems that when l removed and/or replaced the cover I had slightly disturbed the connector on the transmission oil pressure sensor. I removed the plug, reconnected it, restarted the engine and the light went out - thankfully. :)

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I had an 'interesting' experience today when checking the oil level in my Dino. After doing so, the red oil light on the dash was on. After starting and stopping the engine a couple of time it was still on with the engine running. It seems that when l removed and/or replaced the cover I had slightly disturbed the connector on the transmission oil pressure sensor. I removed the plug, reconnected it, restarted the ending and the light went out - thankfully. :)
Thank you for the information/insight and warning!

Freddy

Another interesting little issue arose yesterday. I stopped a friend's house and with the engine running and the trans in N, I waddled rearwards about 7-8 metres. I put the side stand down, looked at the display and saw the flashing "-" which indicates a fault. I had never rolled the Dino backwards with the engine running and in N for more than 1-2 metres. It was somewhat alarming (sorry for the pun) for a moment or two. However, I turned the ign off, waited a half a minute and all was back to normal. No issue since.

Has anyone else experienced this when going backwards with the eng running in N?

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Another interesting little issue arose yesterday. I stopped a friend's house and with the engine running and the trans in N, I waddled rearwards about 7-8 metres. I put the side stand down, looked at the display and saw the flashing "-" which indicates a fault. I had never rolled the Dino backwards with the engine running and in N for more than 1-2 metres. It was somewhat alarming (sorry for the pun) for a moment or two. However, I turned the ign off, waited a half a minute and all was back to normal. No issue since.

Has anyone else experienced this when going backwards with the eng running in N?
Not me in 11 years

Enzo

...Yes, this has happened to me a couple of times. It's one of those things that you have to accept from this bike as it is; the important thing is that everything goes back to normal.