Stock exhaust

sinclair48K

Hi all

I purchased a DN-01 today from a forum member in the UK. I have always wanted to own one, came from a burgman 650 exec. It has an aftermarket OM Racing exhaust on which sounds lovely, but it may be too loud for me, so wondered if anyone knows of a stock exhaust going I might be able to purchase ?

xaneti

Hello Sinclair.

I also had a Burgman 650 some years ago. Great scooter.
Regarding to Dn01 aftermarket exhaust, don´t have afraid to make too much noise with it. I have a Danmoto exhaust (Without homologation) and noise is not so much, because catalyst is very restrictive.

sinclair48K

Thanks. $434 from partzilla, shame one went on ebay about 2 months ago for £50 !!!!! Damm and double damm.

I have emailed the manufacturer to see if a baffle can be installed. Its my ears I'm worried about. I do wear custom fit plugs, but still its very loud. Perhaps I just have very sensitive ears :)

sinclair48K

Xaneti, thanks for that, but they sounds as loud as mine with the db killers in!!!

I need to look inside the muffler to see if these have had any sort of muffler removed. Ideally I'd like to replace it for a stock unit, but I don't really want to pay the full price.

sinclair48K

had a look inside with a torch and I'm not sure it has any sort of baffle !! The GPR one with the twin pipes might just be better, the sound on mine is loud on accelerating, doesn't look like because of the way its made you can add any sort of baffles. Does anyone have the OM Racing pipe that knows more about it ?

Gizmo

Site Suporter
i am about to de cat mine to give more power
From what I've read before on this forum .... removing the cat REALLY doesn't actually increase the horsepower ... maybe 2 hp, if that. Now, IF I am wrong please tell me. It was something I was lead to believe for about 2 years now! It would make sense though ... just haven't heard/seen that it's true! Also, different sources report that the DN-01 engine was "detuned" (not max hp) when it was incorporated in the Dino. Any input on that? You see I have an NT700V (with the SAME engine) and it's rated at 65 hp vice 50 hp that some sources say is in the DN-01.

Last edited:

dndom

Gizmo

From my 15kmls experience on an NT; Slightly quicker acceleration, as long as the nasty gearbox didn't crash into a false neutral, very close top speed and slightly better overall economy, whatever the 'stats' say.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
From my 15kmls experience on an NT; Slightly quicker acceleration, as long as the nasty gearbox didn't crash into a false neutral, very close top speed and slightly better overall economy, whatever the 'stats' say.

Are you talking the NT650 OR the NT700?

Gizmo

Site Suporter
650, is there any real difference? And from your experience?

NT650: Hawk GT or NT650V: Deauville.
Which one are you talking about? Two TOTALLY different animals!
If it's the NT650V, the NT700V is redesigned engine (more horsepower) and structural/body design.

dndom

Gizmo

'Totally different? Surely they all share the important bits, chassis and engine, with periodic updates and different bodywork. Have you noticed any MAJOR differences in their performance or against the DN in real world use?

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
'Totally different? Surely they all share the important bits, chassis and engine, with periodic updates and different bodywork. Have you noticed any MAJOR differences in their performance or against the DN in real world use?
Performance? Hard question to answer (Apples and Oranges). DN-01 was/is a hybrid, designed for uniqueness and as a Sport Cruiser. NT700V came from a proven platform for Sport Touring. The NT700V is hands down the BETTER bike over the DN-01, in just about EVERY way! (faster/more capable/longer range/simpler to work on). Yet personally, I like the DN-01 better ... sits lower, easier to handle and more fun. The BIG turn-off(s) of the DN-01 was it's initial PRICE in a bad economy and that it was classified as a "scooter!" Specs being specs ... it all depends on what you want to bike to do and IF you are happy with the results!