Tires?

jdunker

I just replaced my tires with Bridgestone and I went with the 120/70 on the front. I've got about 150 miles on them and so far the front shimmy is gone.

Norrie

Just to state the obvious,

New tires need to be scrubbed in for the first 100 miles. Keep the revs and speed down and take it easy on the bends.

Ride safe people.

SARider

Just about to make the same change on tires, are you happy with the RP4's - seems to one of the best choices and I want to get rid of the head-shake at low speed.
Cheers and ride-safe

SARider

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Just about to make the same change on tires, are you happy with the RP4's - seems to one of the best choices and I want to get rid of the head-shake at low speed.
Cheers and ride-safe

SARider

Michelin PR4's are working great for me .... about 500+ miles on the tires. Recently went on a 150 mile ride and, for SEVERAL miles, I rode HANDS FREE just to check the balance of the bike. (Not something I would recommend for safety reasons). No shimmy at speeds of about 60 mph and also in the CURVES. Now this is NOT LOW speeds and the tires show VERY little wear. Prior to changing my tires, I HAD the shimmy @ these speeds but then again, the tires were REALLY worn with cupping and very little tread in the middle. Went from the original tires (that came on the bike, Bridgestone BT021's, roughly 17K+ miles on the tires) to the PR4's (120/70-17 / 190/50-17). Now, I do NOT guarantee that this WILL correct YOUR head-shaking at low speeds but it does seem to be working for me!

Norrie

I got the 120/70 Michelin pilot 4s fitted a few weeks ago, for reasons I wont go into, I'm not using the bike much just now. I have about 300 miles clocked up.

The steering is a lot sharper with the 120/70 and I had to lift the bike a couple of times on roundabouts, it was fine once I got used to it. The handling is even better than before, the tires give a lot of confidence. I didn't get a chance to ride in the wet, but it's on my "to do" list.

DammmDel

I agree Norrie, I find the 120/70 size a lot easier to handle and is more responsive. I'm up to about 800 miles since new tyres (Bridgestones) n riding very well still no shake.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Possibly the original Bridgestone tires were NOT the best choice for the Dino as far as producing shimmy in the front end??

spitfire_pt

Good morning,

thaks for all your replies,

decided for Michelin pilot Road 4 NON GT 120/70 R17 58W:)

It was expensive and hard to find the 130/70R17 and from listening to all previous comments i decided to try the 120, mutch easier to find

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Good morning,

thaks for all your replies,

decided for Michelin pilot Road 4 NON GT 120/70 R17 58W:)

It was expensive and hard to find the 130/70R17 and from listening to all previous comments i decided to try the 120, mutch easier to find

Have been running the PR4 NON GT also .... NO PROBLEMS! AND still tracks true with 'NO HANDS!'

DNSarnia

Front Tire - Bridgestone Excedra on Ebay.ca

So... last time I got one of these (about 3 years ago) it cost me $94 US. Thought they are as rare as Hens-teeth, I think the new pricing is a bit off the mark. $327.15 Cdn
1307017.JPG

dndom

Michelins

Running road 5's now, non GT. Fantastic feel in all conditions and far better balanced than the 130 front.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Running PR 5 in the front, PR 4 in the back .... only because I haven't wore out the PR 4 to be replaced with a PR 5. GREAT tires, beats the crap out of the originals! (Better in wet/dry, control and longevity/wear)