yea, another question

3spd6

i've read where some people have trimmed the givi windshield back an inch or 2. for anybody who has, has it made a difference in wind buffeting?? any info appreciated.

orangeblood

Windshield

I didn't trim my windshield, I brought a larger one. The windshield that came with was not blocking the wind for my short frame. I am only 5'2". For some reason rocks would fly up from the opening in the front with that short windshield. After changing to a longer one it doesn't happen.

3spd6

the question

i switched over to the givi becuz i think the stock windshield is a honda psychological experiment to see how much people will pay to be miserable. the givi works a 100% better but still leaves buffeting around the head(5-8). somewhere, someone has conquered this!!

NCben

The only way I could get the helmet buffeting to go away was to put a Laminar Lip on top of the Givi. Take a look at the thread "Extension to Givi D316S" on this site and you can see what it looks like in the pictures I posted. It's worked great for me. It makes a big difference what helmet I'm wearing also. I'm wearing a full face Arai now that is the best so far for eliminating the buffeting. I've got a 3/4 helmet that was really bad about it and I would take off the shield and the buffeting would get much better.

Last edited:

3spd6

the question

thanx. i've seen ure thread & have used laminar lips on other bikes w/mixed results. i was kinda hoping for relief w/o spending any more money. i'm a little to claustrophobic to wear a full face helmet so make do w/ a 3/4 w/shield. maybe i'll hafta seek therapy & wear a full face. wait a minute... well duh!! riding a motorcycle is therapy!!!(lol).

3spd6

so i'm guessing nobody trimmed the givi windshield(or wants to admit it) and nobodies tried running without a windshield at all?

dndom

screens

Naked Bikes only work in dry weather up to 50/60mph and the more upright you sit the worse they are, very popular though! The ideal screen for all weather and speeds is nose height and shoulder width.

SARider

added a Laminar Lip to the stock and it fixed my issue right away, pretty cheap $80.00 plus postage and kept the same look to DN01 which I was reluctant to change - no other screen needed now, happy and way more relaxed ride...