DN-01 front tire

dkenney

I am noticing that tire manufactures are discontinuing the front tire size of
130/70-17. I understand that the new Bridgestone Bt-023 and the
avon Storm II have eliminated this this front tire size.

I am hopping that we do not run out of front tire options in tne next few years.

I wonder if it is possible to use a front tire soze of 120/70-17 for the Dn-01. My guess is that we can not make that substitution.

Any thoughts?

nyparrothead

well that sucks. Just bought the bike new and already part sources are going away.. Hope my wife doesn't ride much since we won't be able to replace the tires....

Mark

Redn01

Tires

I am just about to replace both my tires on the Dn and am doing research...best tire, best price and availability so I will post my findings once done.

Freddy

Old thread, new issue for me.

As we know the 130/70-17 is no longer available. I asked my regular tyre supplier for a 120/80-17, knowing that it's just a slightly bigger diameter than a worn 130/70. Trouble is it's just a few mm too big - it rubs slightly on the front and rear edges of the fender, so I slipped a small block of wood under each edge then heated the fender with a heat gun until it was quite warm in the hope that when it cooled it would have clearance. I took it for a short ride to wear the molding tits off the centre line and all good now.

Freddy

I should've look further afield. 😫

Damn - I've bought tyres from them previously for other bikes.

Freddy

I don't believe my eyes any more. 😳

I had cataract surgery on both eyes 3 weeks ago and lenses inserted. I've since been wearing extra dark glasses 😎x2 coz everything, especially outside is painfully bright. I just checked the tyre size I fitted: 120/90-17 so no wonder the thing didn't want to fit under the fender at 33mm larger diameter. O well. it's in there now and will stay there for a few years I spose. 🙃

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I don't believe my eyes any more. 😳

I had cataract surgery on both eyes 3 weeks ago and lenses inserted. I've since been wearing extra dark glasses 😎x2 coz everything, especially outside is painfully bright. I just checked the tyre size I fitted: 120/90-17 so no wonder the thing didn't want to fit under the fender at 33mm larger diameter. O well. it's in there now and will stay there for a few years I spose. 🙃
Should have read the fine print BEFORE buying!! OR else the BIGGER sticker label on the tire! (Size was probably on your receipt too!)

Oud topic, nieuw probleem voor mij.

Zoals we weten is de 130/70-17 niet meer leverbaar. Ik vroeg mijn vaste bandenleverancier om een 120/80-17, wetende dat het net een iets grotere diameter is dan een versleten 130/70. Het probleem is dat het maar een paar mm te groot is - het wrijft een beetje over de voor- en achterranden van het spatbord, dus ik schoof een klein blok hout onder elke rand en verwarmde het spatbord met een heteluchtpistool totdat het behoorlijk warm was in de hoop dat als het afkoelde het speling zou hebben. Ik nam het voor een korte rit om de vormende tieten van de middenlijn te dragen en nu is alles goed.
[/CITAAT]
zhebben onlangs nieuwe gelegd hier in belgie zonder problemen ...