How to repair this damage

Moto-vdHoog

Vorige week onderuit gegaan met de motor in een flauwe bocht (eenzijdig ongeval), kwam in de berm terecht met een sloot ernaast, dus onderuit: een flink stuk gegleden achter de motor aan zelf heb ik niets. De motor heeft aanzienlijk veel meer schade dan de aanschafwaarde mede omdat ie al sinds 2011 uit de productie is en de onderdelen dus duur en wellicht nauwelijks verkrijgbaar zijn. Achterband is ook voor de helft weg door het verbuigen van de zijkoffer. Geen idee wat ik nu moet doen. Voorop staat dat ik de motor wil houden. (hij werkt nog goed, ben er mee naar huis gereden). Hij is dus economisch total loss. Ik zou hem deels willen laten repareren en een deel zelf doen. Maar ik geloof dat ik het kenteken en de rdw goedkeuring kwijt ben. Heeft iemand een idee? een suggestie?

Last week I crashed with the bike in a slight bend (single-vehicle accident), ended up in the verge with a ditch next to it, so crashed: slid quite a bit behind the bike, I have nothing. The engine has considerably more damage than the purchase price, partly because it has been out of production since 2011 and the parts are therefore expensive and perhaps hardly available. The rear tire is also half gone due to the bending of the side case. No idea what to do now. First and foremost, I want to keep the bike. (it still works well, drove it home). It is therefore an economic total loss. I would like to have it repaired part of it and part of it myself. But I believe I have lost the license plate and the rdw approval. Does anyone have an idea? a suggestion?

Attachments

Knob

Site Suporter
In many cases these people who fix car plastic parts (like bumpers for example) are pretty capable about fixing bike plastic parts also. I do not know are there any of them working in Nedelrands, maybe you just are used to buy new parts only.
BTW best european m/c spare part shops are located in Holland and there really are some of them.
You can look for new part prices for NSA700 here, this webshop is giving you also price information:
https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-nsa700a-2008-8-european-direct-sales_model21070/partslist/#.YfO0k_ixWnU
Model specific OEM spare parts for Honda are available in most cases for at least 15 years after particular bike's model production is ended, for some parts (commonly used on many models) even much longer.

And probably your bike is not produced in 2011. As much I know the european model is produced in 2008 and 2009 only. You can get the exact production year by looking at the tenth digit in your bike's VIN code (like "8" or "9"). This number is the production year and when searching for spare parts you should look parts for this year model.
Anyway DN-01 is the same thru all production years, some differences are between bikes produced for different areas, like US or EU and also lights are different for left side traffic countries. But most parts are interchangeable.

And in the end if the bike is still running, but you do not want to invest much into plastic, you can re-design the bike into a stylish ratbike, this will give you different level of biking freedom and your bike will live forever. Old bikes never dye, they just become ratbikes (except Harelys, those come as ratbikes straight from factory). In Holland there is a strong ratbike culture anyway.
https://themotorbrothers.com/bazaar/page/yx5nvma6ev5vark3z78e

Last edited:

Moto-vdHoog

Thanks Knob, I found through Facebook groups a damage repair specialiased in plastic repair from motorcycles. I think that he can do a lot of repair work, Because de side cowls have mostly tears. I have my Dino now at home a
and disassembled the parts so I can see what's wrong. I have a question about the subframe. I took pictures of it and there is a slight bend on both sides. I think this is normal and no damage. Do you know anything about that?
The engine is from 2008 by the way. And those links are very nice - thank you
the third foto is the side on which the motor has fallen

Attachments

Knob

Site Suporter
It's a bit hard to say is the subframe bent or not by your photos. If it fits and is visually checking ok, then it probably is ok. You can look also for a cracks in paint on frame tubes, this will show out the possibly bent places.
The image from parts list may give some clue, there are some factory made bendings to be seen.

1643365664027.png

Last edited:

Moto-vdHoog

Yes I have the drawing and also found that there is a slight bend in it. There is nothing visible on the paint and the welds, so I am assuming the right one. Subframe is OK

boxerboy

Dag Dino rijder,
Je hebt pech met je nieuwe aanwinst.
Toch , als er frame technisch alles nog recht is, dan is er Inderdaad nog veel plastic te repareren . Een en ander zal vernieuwd moeten worden, maar als je wat tijd er voor neemt, komt het allemaal weer goed.
Zelf rij ik ook een DN-01 in Limburg .
Lang geleden heb ik ook een Goldwing 1500 met totaal loss schade gekocht, was een half jaar oud, maar totaal plastic schade.
Dit is allemaal goed gekomen zonder veel nieuw te kopen.
Zoals mede leden hierboven ook al gemeld hebben.
Kost alleen veel tijd, het is niet anders.
In ieder geval succes hiermee.
John.

Moto-vdHoog

Hoi John,
Leuk weer een nederlandse dino-rijder te horen.
Ik heb een schadehersteller gevonden die alle plastic schade kan herstellen, waardoor ik alleen m'n spiegel/richtingaanwijzer moet vervangen. Dit valt alles mee, nu even afwachten. Groeten Hans